Thursday, March 3, 2011

That Crazy Frenchwoman: a great new natural wine site

Just to flag up the launch of Isabelle Legeron's new site That Crazy Frenchwoman which she told me about the other day. She was the one who drew up the Hibiscus wine list I wrote about here in the Guardian.

At the moment there seem to be a few glitches - I can't get mine to scroll horizontally and some of the sections don't come up - but it looks like there will be a lot of good content. I found an interesting video on Jasper Hill for a start

And I like her description of natural wine as being like 'walking on a tightrope without a safety net'.

Another good link I picked up on today was this post in Palate Press about 'bio-logic' viticulture, a pragamatic approach to grape growing which combines elements of organic and biodynamic methods without wholly subscribing to either. A philosophy I guess a lot of winemakers pursue without putting a label on it. But maybe it's better than talking about 'natural wine'. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-3466976-5